Monday, July 25, 2011

Last week!

Where did the month go folks?

It's Toby here - one of the British work study artists. I've been out today with Gerry sourcing iron for the last pours of this month's casting extraviganza. Personally, I've lost count of the pours now, but its at least seven. I've just asked Gerry for an estimate on the amount of iron which has passed through 'Lady D', and he recons at least 12,000lbs. (As I'm something of a nerd, I can put that into context by telling you thats the same as the payload of a four engined 6000hp WW2 Lancaster heavy bomber!). And talking of heavy weights, we have the promise of a 1000lb ladle load on Thursday and a 2000lbs load on Saturday. Thats a SERIOUS amount of metal!!! Another exciting spectacle not to be missed.

Please come along and show your support. Not only is a visit to Sculpture Trails a great day out, but your kind donations ensure the continuing growth and development of an exciting project which attracts international sculptors into the heart of the local community.

Personally, I have a load of work to do to try and get my piece finished before I go back to the UK, so I best get cracking on. I'll have a word with the rest of the team here and try and get you some of the latest photos up to show you who's been up to what.

Hope to see you soon!

Tobes

No comments:

Post a Comment